Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gwen Stefani on Her Husband: It's Unbelievable We Stayed Together

Gwen Stefani rocks the May cover of Elle Magazine, and in the accompanying interview, she discusses songwriting, performing while pregnant and her disbelief that she and husband Gavin Rossdale are still together.

Gwen Stefani-Elle Magazine Cover
 "The first time we ever kissed was right around Valentine's Day--we were in New Orleans on tour. So, yeah, I always think about that because it's unbelievable that we've been able to stay together. I feel so proud of us--it's one of my biggest achievements," she said.
 
 
 

Stefani, 41, also talked about how Prince really affected her songwriting process. "Prince, who is one of my idols, gave me some advice when I worked with him: "Have you ever just tried writing a hit? Like, don't just try writing a song, try and write a hit song." I remember him saying that and me thinking, Yeah, you're right. Why would you write anything else?"

No comments:

Post a Comment